We went to bed at 9pm last night and passed out almost immediately. That's why I wasn't around.
Anime Update:
Finished Saiyuki Reload Gunlock and it has some blatant yaoi overtones in it, directed at Sanzo by the main villain. Made us laugh. In all honesty, this was not up to the high standard I expect from Saiyuki. I have no idea what parts of the anime will and will not be in the manga.
We are getting back to anime that has been living in the dvd player for a while. We zoomed ahead to the same place in YuYu Hakusho being shown on Cartoon Network and have continued watching. The subtitles are some of the worse I have EVER seen but we can still figure out the gist. And it has been fun to actually be able to read and understand the katakana for a gaming sequence we are watching. I read the katakana "kuizu" and know it talking about "quiz".
I haven't gotten any farther with Wolf's Rain. It's not pressing, though.
Classes Update:
I got another email back from the World Lit instructor. She has given me some good ideas of things to do but it still means a lot of work I do not know if I the energy to pursue. She is going to give a visual piece option, which is something I had in my research paper outline but never developed. The idea was to show the progression of Shuichi's outward appearance throughout the manga and how it changed when the anime came into being. I haven't done any of the scanning needed to do this - it's a hell of a lot of manga scans - I am going to have to look at this more closely. I may be able to find some clean scans from the scanlations (giving credit, of course) I can use for some of the images. I suppose I could actually pursue a literary masters degree with all the analytical directions I could take Gravi.
I REALLY need to get back into studying Japanese an hour every day. I have made two 99's on papers, which means I am slipping. I know, you think that is good but I have been making 100's on my papers this semester.
This section is a major foundation for the next semester and I really need to have the structures down. My brain is just not taking it in.
Health Update:
I am now a ravenous eating machine. I want to eat and eat a lot. For the most part, I ignore it, but when it is making me ill to the stomach I have do something about it, which is usually stuffing my face with a big mandarin chicken salad and some of rat's fries, like last night. Damned medicine.
I am calling the doc today to tell him I MUST have some kind of serious cough suppressant or I will continue to re-damage everything that is slowly healing.
Summer Visit:
I have an idea about the summer rendezvous in TX but I will go into it later.
Time for me to see what I missed around here last night.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*